Monday, March 30, 2009

Fjordlands and Queenstown

Massive glaciers carved this terrain during the past ice ages and created some incredible fjords and glaciated valleys. Unfortunately my camera doesn't have any zoom capabilities (from what I hear that's a pretty advanced feature on digital cameras). I'll be posting more from my trip to Mt Cook soon. Here are some pictures from my trip into the Fjordlands with Ian.






Splunking in the Cifden limestone caves.









This guy rode his dirt bike onto the rocky lake shore at dusk just as Ian and I began eating. The Japanese dude unpacked his tent, set up camp besides his bike, then cooked noodles for probably two hours. Needless to say he was a badass (especially because he had no rainfly for his tent or bike while camping in a rainforest).


No comments:

Post a Comment